The sapota fruit, which is believed to have originated in Mexico and Belize, is found in many tropical regions. The sturdy trees grow quickly, can weather tropical storms and produce up to 1,000 pieces of fruit each year. The fruit is similar in appearance to a kiwi fruit, though it is a little larger in size and lacks the fuzz traditionally found on kiwi. The inner flesh of the fruit is smooth and amber in color when ripe. Sapota is not common to the United States. Nutritionally speaking, the sapota has a high fiber content that helps prevent constipation, anti-aging properties that beautify the skin and a high concentration of antioxidants and tannins that help fight free radicals.
The sapota fruit is known for its high fiber content, which helps keep the body regular. While fiber can be hard for the body to break down, this fruit is easily digestible, making it a good option if you’re trying to increase your daily fiber. To learn more about the benefits of this fruit, check out these five blogs.
- Sapodilla (Sapota) Nutrition Facts One of the key nutritional benefits of the sapota fruit is its high fiber content that, when consumed, helps fight constipation.
- Sapota Health Benefits The fiber found in sapota acts as a natural laxative, which will help keep you regular.
- Health Benefits of Chiku or Sapota This sweet fruit is simple to digest and filled with fiber to prevent constipation.
- Sapota or Chikoo Fruit Benefits The cooling properties found in the sapota help maintain good colon health.
- All About Sapota Sapota came to India in the early 1800s and has since been a popular fruit consumed for its colon healing benefits.
The anti-aging properties found in the sapota fruit have been shown to preserve youthfulness. One key factor is the vitamin E content, which helps improve the elasticity of the skin and give it a healthy glow. To understand more of the beautifying effects of the sapota fruit, read these five blog posts.
- 5 Advantages of Sapodilla Fruit One of the many beauty advantages you gain from consuming sapota is that the vitamin E contained in the fruit is good for the skin.
- Health Medicine with Sapota /Beauty with Sapota Vitamins A and C, which are found in sapota, help give the skin a healthy glow when consumed.
- Product Review: Pura Body Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion Of the many benefits the fruit touts, curing dandruff is a big one. This post explains how sapota can help combat a dry scalp.
- Sapote/ Mammee Sapote/ Pouteria Sapota This post explores how the nutrients found in the sapota fruit can improve your hair health.
- Sapota Fruit Nutrition The vitamin A present in sapota helps keep both mucus membranes and your skin healthy.
Like many fruits, the sapota contains antioxidants that fight the free radicals responsible for causing cancerous cells in the body. In addition, sapota also contains both vitamins A and C, which help improve eye sight and fight off illnesses and infections. These five blog entries give a more thorough explanation of the antioxidants present in the sapota fruit.
- Benefits of Sapota The high concentration of antioxidants in the sapota fruit help to prevent infection.
- Health Benefits of Chikoos or Sapodillas Antioxidants found in sapota have been found to help prevent certain forms of cancer.
- Health Benefits of Sapota Sapota contains almost a quarter of your daily allowance of vitamin C, and eating the fruit can help the body develop resistance to some infections.
- A Fleeting Look to Sapota High in vitamin C and A, the antioxidants found in sapota help reduce the free radicals that can cause some cancers.
- Health Benefits of Sapodilla for Babies According to this article, sapota can be beneficial to babies and adults alike, and the antioxidants found in the fruit can help stop the free radicals created when your body metabolizes food.
Tannins, which are a form of antioxidants, are anti-inflammatories that can help fight off various conditions found in the body. The fiber found in the fruit helps the colon function better and the tannins help prevent illnesses, such as irritable bowel syndrome and other colon conditions. To learn more about the benefits of the tannins found in sapota, take a look at these five blog articles.
- Sapodilla (Sapota) Nutrition Facts The compound poly-phenolic, found in sapota, is a tannin that helps reduce acid in the body.
- Sapodilla Nutrition Facts The tannins in sapota can help limit certain health conditions, such as acid reflux and erosive gastritis.
- Sapota/Sapodilla Tannins in sapota can help reduce bacteria in the body.
- Health Benefits of Chikoo To help reduce inflammation and common aches and pains in the body, consider adding sapota to your diet.
- Health Benefits of Chiku (Sapodilla) The anti-inflammatory properties of the tannins contained in the sapota fruit fight off irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis and gastric disorders.