The often-unspoken rules that dictate and guide social interaction can be complex and often difficult to remember, but are essential to those who wish to present a polite, polished face to the public. From the elaborate rules of wedding and formal dinner etiquette to common workplace courtesy, these 30 blogs are filled with advice, tips, hints and rules for how to behave in a variety of situations, settings and occasions. By following this advice, you’ll be able to attend the swankiest soirées with no compunction or concerns about inadvertently behaving improperly.
It isn’t difficult to remember to place your napkin in your lap before a meal, but what about the mysterious and elaborate rules that govern a formal dining experience? These five bloggers offer their advice and share the rules of polite dining, providing you with the knowledge you need to confidently navigate the treacherous waters of flatware and proper glass placement.
- Table Etiquette
- Dinner Etiquette
- Why Should Dining Etiquette Matter in the Workplace?
- Dinner Etiquette 101: The Infograph
- French Restaurant Etiquette: Dining in France Like a Local
When landline telephones in homes were the norm, telephone etiquette was a standard skill taught to children. As modern society moves away from landline phones in favor of mobile devices, however, a generation of teenagers and young adults are coming of age with a decided lack of telephone skills. These five blogs are dedicated to phone etiquette, both mobile and landline.
- Phone Etiquette 101
- Cell Phone Etiquette
- Top Ten Cell Phone Manners
- The Dos and Don’ts of Cell Phone Etiquette
- The 10 Commandments of Cell Phone Etiquette (Part 1)
Business etiquette is less formal than the rules that formal dinners follow, but no less essential for properly and confidently interacting with those around you. These five bloggers explain the why’s and how’s behind many unspoken workplace behavioral rules, as well as why following them is essential.
- 6 Essential Rules of Workplace Etiquette
- Top 7 Workplace Etiquette No-Nos
- 65 Business Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts
- Business Etiquette for Your Nonprofit Workplace, by Janice Zarro, Women’s Resource Center of Sarasota County
- Office Harmony: Essential Rules for Workplace Etiquette
From determining who is supposed to throw a bridal shower to where responsibility for hosting the rehearsal dinner lies, the world of planning, participating in or even attending a wedding can be a veritable minefield of potential social faux pas. These five blog entries are all dedicated to wedding etiquette for the happy couple, wedding party, families and wedding attendees.
- Wedding Etiquette: Your Perfect Wedding Begins With Emily Post
- General Wedding Etiquette
- Remarriage Wedding Etiquette FAQs
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- Wedding Etiquette
While most people equate a good party with letting their hair down, even those less formal gatherings have a social code that others expect their peers to adhere to. From the office holiday party to engagement parties, party etiquette is carefully explained in these five blog entries.
- Holiday Party Etiquette
- Office Christmas Party Etiquette
- Party Etiquette
- The Etiquette of Engagement Parties
- Etiquette Guide to Kids’ Birthday Parties
Hosting guests, throwing parties, and entertaining loved ones can be an exciting and rewarding experience. It can also be a fairly stressful one if you’re not quite sure of the rules that society dictates in such situations. These five blogs are all centered on helping hosts and hostesses carry their events off with style and ease, taking careful consideration of the proper etiquette of doing so.