There’s something about being cooped up in the house day after day that can wear on a person. The sun isn’t shining and you feel like your spirit is being smothered beneath a blanket of clouds. Add in the cold weather and it’s no surprise that you don’t feel like going anywhere. After weeks of enduring being shut up in the house, the winter blahs can take over. Worry no more, these 30 blog entries have just the ticket for helping you break out of your winter doldrums. Check them out and see if your mood improves.
Change Your Mood
Finding a way to change your mood is what breaking out of the winter blahs is all about. The good news is there are several ways to do that. How about curling up beside a roaring fireplace with a cup of coffee and getting lost in a good book? Or what about renting a funny movie?
- Escape the Winter Blahs this Weekend: 10 Book Genres to Get You Started
- 5 Ways to Beat the Winter Blahs
- Beating the Winter Blahs and Blues
- Need a Cure for the Winter Blahs?
- The Arts: Laughter is The Best Medicine to Cure The Winter Blahs
Change Your Surroundings
During those cold winter days when you are stuck in the house, why not rearrange the furniture? You can also get a jump start on your spring cleaning while you’re moving the furniture around. Not only will you have a fresh, clean smelling room, but you will have a new view because you’ve moved the furniture all around. Little things like this can break you out of the winter blahs. These five blog articles will give you some other ideas for changing your surroundings to improve your outlook.
- Moving Furniture Beats the Winter Blahs!
- Taking the Winter ‘Blahs’ Out of Bedroom Décor
- Winter Blues Wednesday- It’s a Party #104
- Beat the Winter Blues
- Cure for the Winter Blues: Hide the Clutter!
Change Your Body
If you are feeling depressed, you might need to get out and get some exercise. Even if you just take a walk around the block, getting some fresh air and a little sunshine can help you feel better. If there’s a lot of snow, take up snow shoeing or cross-country skiing. If the exercise doesn’t work, maybe you can buy a few new pieces of clothes for your wardrobe that will brighten your outlook and change how you feel about your body.
- Five Ways to Stay Active and Cure the Winter Blahs
- The Winter Blahs…
- Say Goodbye to the “Winter Blahs”
- Oak Therapy for Winter Blahs
- Beat the Winter Blues
Change Your Location
A common way to beat the winter blahs is to get the heck out of Dodge. Take a trip to a warmer climate and get some sun. Planning and looking forward to your trip will help you get over your blahs, and once you are sunning yourself on the beach all of the dreariness of winter will be nothing more than a distant memory. These five blog posts can help with some ideas on where to go to get away.
- Visit Panama City, FL and Escape the Winter Blahs!
- Winter of Our Discontent: Winter & Burnout Treatment 2
- The Adventures of Al! A Temporary Cure for Your Winter Blahs!
- Cure Winter Blues with Tropical Vacation Memories
- This Year’s Best Warm Winter Getaways
Change Your Menu
If you are experiencing the winter blahs, you might try changing your diet. Eating healthier and cleaner can help you start to feel better. Sometimes it’s just a matter of breaking out of routine and trying something new. Maybe you should make your favorite summer recipe and see if that improves your mood. These five blog entries will give you some menu changing ideas.
- Beat the Winter Blahs…
- Beating the Winter Blahs
- Gremolata: Cure for the Winter Blahs
- Cure for the Winter Blahs
- Foods to Fight the Winter Blahs
Change Your Outlook
Curing the winter blahs is sometimes as easy as refocusing your energy on something else. Get together with friends or create a gratitude journal. Watch a good movie and laugh. Take a look at these five blog articles and see if you can use any of these ideas to break out of the winter blahs.