Saving money becomes even more important in a struggling economic climate than in less troubling times, and managing the expenses of running a household while making sure that everyone has everything they need can be a major challenge, even for thrifty moms. The tips, hints and advice in these 30 blog entries is designed to help you retain or earn the title of Frugal Mom, saving money while making sure that the needs of each and every member of your family are met.
While taking the time to clip coupons and scour weekly papers, print ads and websites for the best deals may seem more time-consuming than the payoff warrants, you may be surprised at just how much money you’re able to save on food and personal care products by using coupons to your advantage. These five blogs give you some insight into how coupon-savvy moms manage to save so much money, helping you fill your pantry without emptying your bank account.
- Coupon Tips
- Not Extreme, Just Smart Couponing Tips
- Extreme Couponing: 45 Tips from Shopping Experts
- These Couponing Tips Can Save You Money!
- Coupon 101
Utility Bill Savings
While it’s certainly important to help your family do their part in making a positive impact on the environment by saving energy, the savings that a few small changes can generate is another motivating incentive. These five bloggers talk about the best ways to make your home more energy-efficient, and how to make sure that your energy costs aren’t higher than is strictly necessary.
- 101 Money-Saving Tips
- The Family Handyman: 7 Cost-Saving Tips for Your Energy Bill This Summer
- Effective Ways to Conserve Energy
- 25 Energy Bill Savings Tips for Your Home
- 39 Super Tips for Saving Money on Cooling and Air Conditioning Costs
Frugal Meal Ideas
Feeding your family on a budget doesn’t have to mean that you’re resorting to cheap, pre-packaged foods that are long on the preservatives and short on quality. These five food bloggers understand the importance of striking a balance between high quality and low cost, providing great meal ideas that won’t break the bank.
- 50 Ways to Save Money on Food
- How to Save Money on Your Food Bill: 15 Tips to Try Without Getting Extreme!
- Frugal Recipes: Spending Less to Eat Healthy
- Cheap Eats Recipes: Meals for 3 Dollars or Less
- The 25 Best Laughably Cheap Recipes at Casual Kitchen
Savings at the Pump
Gasoline prices might fluctuate slightly from time to time, but they’re almost always more expensive than is manageable for many families. Saving fuel is not only good for the environment, but also good for the family budget. That’s why these five bloggers are offering their sage advice on how to save at the gas pumps, so that you are able to reduce your footprint while increasing your budget.
- 10 Ways to Save Money On Gas
- Best Tips for Saving Money on Gas
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Gas
- How to Save on Gas
- 5 Tips for Saving Money on Gas
Saving on School Supplies
Back-to-school shopping is a lucrative season for retailers, coming in second only to the winter holidays in terms of revenue. Whether you’re purchasing supplies for one child or several, it’s easy to overspend when autumn rolls around each year. These five bloggers understand the struggle of keeping your children well-stocked and set up for academic success without draining your wallet in the process.
- 8 Simple Ways to Save Money on School Supplies
- Eight Ways to Save Money on School Supplies
- Frugal and Green Tips for Back to School Shopping
- 7 Tips to Save on School Supplies
- How to Save Money on School Supplies
Saving on Kids’ Clothing
Shopping for kids’ clothing can be one of the most stressful and upsetting situations for families on a tight budget, as kids are anxious to have the name-brand duds of their peers despite the fact that the family budget doesn’t quite have room for a pair of designer jeans. These five blogs tackle the sensitive and often complicated subject of shopping for kids’ clothes on a tight budget.
- How to Save Money on Kids’ Clothing
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Cheap Kids’ Clothes
- Saving Money on Kids Clothes – Consignment Sales
- How to Save Money on Children’s Clothing