If you find that your kids are eating a lot of pre-packaged granola bars, you might be better off making homemade granola bars instead. Homemade granola bars are healthier and cheaper than any that you’ll buy at a grocery store, and some are so easy to make that even the kids could lend a helping hand when it comes time to prep a batch. You can even make kid-friendly granola bars with candy mixed in for an afternoon sweet treat. The recipes in the following 21 blog entries are quick and easy and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
Whether they’re crunchy, chewy, healthy or candy-filled, you can find a granola bar to suit every taste bud. But why limit yourself to the bars lining the grocery store shelves when you can make granola bars that incorporate fun, kid-friendly ingredients that the whole family will love? For some tasty recipe ideas, check out these seven blog posts.
- Easy Granola Bar Recipe for Kids—Five Ingredients You can whip up these tasty treats in no time flat using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Making Homemade Granola Bars: Thick and Chewy PB Granola Bar Recipe Made with old fashion oats, these bars will fill you up and keep you satisfied.
- Clean Chewy Nut Fruit & Dark Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe This recipe uses honey as the sweetener and incorporates organic ingredients, so you can feel good about what you are feeding your kids and yourself.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars These no-bake granola bars look just like the store bought version without all of the harmful preservatives.
- Better Than Store-Bought: Granola Bars While still sweet, these bars are filled with healthy additions your family will love.
- Granola Bars Your kids will be drooling over these sweet, chocolate-dipped granola bars.
- Chewy Granola Bars Mix and match ingredients in this snack to cater to the flavors that your family prefers.
Not all granola bars are made the same, and some will be much healthier than others. While the calorie count may seem high on some of these, these bars are filled with healthy fats and high fiber ingredients that will keep your hunger at bay. See what you think of these seven blog articles.
- Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars Each bar is about 170 calories and full of fiber, vitamins and calcium.
- Banana Bread Protein Bars These soft granola-type bars are vegan, gluten-free and soy-free.
- Gluten-Free Granola Bars This blogger has a pleasant sense of humor, making her blog post a pleasure to read.
- Granola Bars These bars are packed with healthy ingredients and use gluten-free oats, giving them a healthy leg up on the competition.
- Gluten-Free Breakfast: Crunchy Granola Bars If you like your granola bars to be crunchy, this is the recipe for you.
- Chia Bars Chia is packed with nutrition, making these granola bars a healthy choice.
- Blueberry-Chia Seed Granola Bars (No Bake) Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and chia seeds are the new super food, so when combined they make these granola bars a healthy slam dunk.
Quick and Easy
It’s not unusual to feel like you’re always on the go, but that doesn’t mean you have to feed your family preservative-laden, unhealthy snacks. Instead, try your hand at these quick and easy granola bars. They can serve as an easy breakfast, go into the school lunchbox or be the perfect after school snack. Try some of the recipes in these seven blog entries and see what you think.
- 5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars These bars are 189 calories and are packed with healthy ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed and more.
- Healthy Granola Bars from Scratch According to this blogger, this recipe takes only minutes to make.
- No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars This easy recipe only has 9 ingredients and can be made in less than 15 minutes.
- No Bake 5-Ingredient Granola Bar You can add additional ingredients, but since this recipe is not baked it’s very quick to throw together and press into a pan.
- Easy Homemade Granola Bars A funny look at the life of the blogger as she makes these granola bars so that she can grab them in a hurry when trying to take care of her baby.
- Quick and Easy Granola Bars Using pre-made granola, this blogger adds just a few ingredients to make her easy granola bars.
- Easy No-Bake Granola Bars Mix up a batch of these vegan, gluten-free granola bars next time you need a quick and easy snack.