The avocado, also known as an alligator pear, is quite possibly the perfect food. It is rich in protein, good fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber. A person could literally live on avocados if needed. Currently, cancer scientists are studying avocados to determine if and how eating avocados can reverse cancer at the cellular level, and Alzheimer researchers are looking into the effects of avocados and brain functions. These 21 blog posts outline why and how avocados are one of the best foods for your body.
Avocados are packed with vitamins and minerals that can potentially help fight cancer in various ways. Possibly the most important element avocados contain are carotenoids. Carotenoids can slow or prevent cancer cells from growing, which is important if you are trying to take preventative measures against cancer or are in the early stages of cancer. Another important component of the fruit is its oleic acid content, which can help prevent breast cancer. For more information about avocado’s cancer fighting properties, check out these seven blog entries.
- The Health Benefits of Avocado Prevent and Reverse Cancer Avocados contain carotenoids, which inhibit the growth of some cancer cells.
- The Health Benefits of Avocado This blog article talks about how avocado helps specific cancers, like oral and breast cancer.
- Top 10 Reasons to Eat Avocados: The Super-Food! Read about several reasons that eating avocados can reduce your chances of cancer.
- Avocado, a Powerhouse of Nutrients! According to this blog post, eating avocados can slow down or prevent the growth of prostate cancer cells.
- Top 3 Health Benefits of Avocado The oleic acid in avocados is said to prevent breast cancer, according to this blog entry.
- Surprising Health Benefits of Avocado! When you eat avocados you are also consuming a strong antioxidant that destroys free radicals in the body that can lead to cancer.
- Health Benefits of Avocados Vitamins A, B, C and E, which are all found in avocados, are known for fighting various forms of cancer.
The brain is a very complicated muscle, and one that is not yet completely understood. Avocados certain elements that have been shown to improve brain function, such as Omega-3 fats and folate. Omega-3 fats improve brain functions by keeping the cell walls strong and by improving nerve transmissions. Folate helps promote brain growth in a fetus while still in the mother’s womb. These seven blog posts will explain the brain benefits of avocados further.
- Avocado Health Benefits: Is This the World’s Most Perfect Food? This post looks at Omega-3’s, which are said to promote a brilliant brain.
- 13 Surprising Health Benefits of Avocados The fats found in avocados are healthy fats, which help the brain function better by keeping the cells and nerve transmissions healthy.
- Benefits of Avocado Nutrition for Pregnant Women The high levels of folate found in avocados help the brain development of babies in the womb.
- Eat Smarter for Exam Success with these Brain Boosting Foods This blog post talks about how avocados are brain super foods, and says that eating avocado increases the blood flow to your brain.
- Avocado Health Benefits: The World’s Most Perfect Food? Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, the avocado is beneficial to the brain and can help prevent Alzheimer’s.
- 10 Super Foods to Fight Stress The many vitamins in avocados help reduce the stress hormone levels that keep the brain healthy.
- Brain Food Healthy fats found in avocados help promote blood flow to the brain and keep your brain functioning at a high level.
Blood Pressure Reducer
The healthier the heart is, the healthier the person. Avocados reduce bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol. Potassium is said to regulate blood pressure, and avocados contain nearly three times the amount of potassium as a banana. Because of this, avocados can help reduce blood pressure. To learn more about the heart-related benefits of eating avocados, take a look at these seven blog entries.
- 15 Health Benefits of Avocados The high levels of potassium in avocados help regulate blood pressure.
- Health Benefits of Eating Avocados By eating avocados you can balance the negative effects of salt on your blood pressure.
- 9 Health Benefits of Avocados Containing 25 vitamins and minerals, the avocado helps regulate blood pressure.
- Health Benefits of Avocados The avocado is a heart-healthy fruit that helps the body maintain strong blood vessels and reduce blood pressure.
- Great Veggie Challenge: The Health Benefits of Avocado Avocados are rich in potassium, making them a great choice when trying to combat blood pressure.
- Health Benefits of Avocados The Omega-3 fatty acids in avocados help stabilize blood pressure and maintain a normal heart beat.
- TCM, Health Benefits of Avocado According to this blog post, the avocado contains 60% more potassium than a banana.