After Easter, you may find that you have an extra-large supply of hard boiled eggs that need to be used up. Of course, there are the old standby’s that will never go out of style, like potato salad and deviled eggs, but there are so many more interesting recipes that use hard boiled eggs. So many in fact, that these recipes will have you boiling even more eggs just to make the recipes. Eggs are high in protein, low in fat and not as bad for your cholesterol as once thought. Take a look at these 18 blogs and see if you can find a few ways to use up those hard boiled eggs.
It seems like everyone has their own recipe for potato salad, but why not branch out and try these other recipes? You just may find a new favorite! Deviled eggs are the same way; you can go with simple and quick or change it up by twisting around the old recipe. Check out these six blog entries for some traditional recipes using hard boiled eggs.
- What to Do with Leftover Easter Eggs? Spicy BLT Egg Salad Recipe Talk about kicking up an old recipe; this is not your mama’s egg salad!
- Delightful Deviled Eggs! Find three variations on the traditional deviled eggs recipe. One interesting recipe uses salmon and caviar.
- Healthy Deviled Eggs Recipe Just because you are watching your weight doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in a deviled egg from time to time, especially with this healthy version.
- Avocado Egg Salad Enjoy the creaminess of avocado in your egg salad to boost the nutritional value.
- Creamy Dill Potato & Egg Salad Check out this dill-icious twist on the classic potato salad recipe.
- Potato Salad with Pickled Celery and Hard-Boiled Egg The perfect picnic potato salad since there is no mayonnaise in this recipe.
Make it a Meal
By incorporating hard-boiled eggs into these dishes you can take them to the next level. Make a salad a meal when you add the protein of eggs to the dish. Change lunch up by filling a pita with an egg salad recipe. Surprise the kids with a new quesadilla after school. For more main dish egg recipes read through these six blog articles.
- 6 Recipes with Hard-Boiled Eggs Add hard-boiled eggs and greens to the traditional pot pie and you’ve got a healthier version of a family favorite.
- Indian Egg Curry This recipe uses a dozen hard-boiled eggs, so if you are trying to get rid of a lot of eggs this might be the recipe for you.
- 5 Eggcellent Egg Recipes An unusual French sandwich is listed on this blog post.
- Egg Salad and Cheese Quesadillas Recipe from a Kalyn’s Kitchen Reader Try this quick lunch idea to use up some of your hard-boiled eggs.
- French Roasted Asparagus, Tuna and Hardboiled Egg Sandwiches Pile up these ingredients to make an interesting new sandwich.
- Easter Baked Lobster Tails For a bit of luxury, why not try this lobster tail recipe using up your hard boiled eggs?
If you are the adventurous type, you might want to try some of these recipes. Hard-boiled eggs taste fairly good plain, but when you add them into these six recipes you get something really bold and different. How about hard-boiled eggs in cookies? If this sounds weird, you will just have to give it a try to see what you think of it. If that doesn’t sound good, try one of the other six blog entries.
- Amazing Double Chocolate Hard Boiled Egg Cookies If anything would get you to try a hard-boiled egg cookie recipe, it would be one with double the chocolate in it.
- Mashed Potato Salad If you like mashed potatoes and potato salad, then you will love this mashed potato salad recipe.
- Happy Year of the Rabbit Try these warm deviled eggs with crab and pesto if you are looking for a twist on the traditional recipe.
- Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Sno Caps Cookies The texture in these cookies is very different than normal cookies, but the chocolate makes it seem like a regular cookie.
- 10 Recipe Ideas for Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs Take a look at the sliced egg breakfast pizza recipe for something new and different.
- Italian Easter Bread with Dyed Eggs For this recipe you don’t even have to peel the eggs before you bake it.