Nearly 90% of Americans will suffer from a headache at least once in their lives, and more likely will encounter many. Headaches, while a normal part of life, are symptoms of a much larger problem. The majority are referred to as tension headaches and are caused by stress, tight muscles and poor posture. However, other causes include food sensitivities, the need for glasses, and allergies, just to name a few. The next time you find yourself reaching for another dose of over the counter headache relievers, try one of these natural remedies instead. You can drink water and other herbal remedies, apply ice or essential oils to your skin and use massage or acupressure to get rid of the pain. These 18 blog entries will further explain how to get rid of your headache naturally.
When it comes to treating headaches, there are several methods you can use in place of over the counter medicines. Instead, reach for an apple or cherries, which have nutrients in them that help to reduce and eliminate headaches. You can also drink several types of herbal teas to help relax and relieve any tension you may have that could be causing your headache. And sometimes it’s as simple as drinking a glass of water. For more home remedies read these six blog articles.
- All-Natural Headache Cures This ginger tea, recommended by Dr. Oz, is said to help relieve headache pain.
- 5 Natural Headache Remedies Certain vitamins can be taken to help your body fight off headaches.
- Natural Cures and Homemade Remedies for Headaches Drinking lemon in your tea or eating an apple with salt is said to get rid of headaches.
- Natural Headache Remedies Some headaches are caused by dehydration, and can be cured simply by drinking more water.
- Use Herbal Remedies for Headaches Drink herbal teas like chamomile, peppermint or rose hip to help alleviate any tension that may be causing your headache.
- 18 Helpful Remedies to Relieve Headache Pain & Tension The salicin in almonds is supposed to relieve headache pain, so the next time your head is pounding grab a handful of almonds.
Just like muscle aches, there are topical treatments that you can use to get rid of a headache. Many of these topical solutions are essential oils, but some are as simple as an ice pack on your neck. These six blog posts are full of various treatment methods for a headache that just won’t go away.
- 19 Homemade Remedies for Headache Pain Hydrotherapy is a technique where you alternate standing in really hot water and really cold water to get blood circulating, and is said to relieve headaches.
- Home Remedies for Headache Applying peppermint oil to your forehead and temples will eliminate your headache.
- Top 20 Home Remedies for the Migraine Bio freeze on your neck and shoulders can help relieve tension that may be causing your headache.
- Lifestyle and Home Remedies Apply ice to the back of your neck and try to relax stiff muscles, as tension is often the cause of headaches.
- Natural Remedies for Pain Relief and Headaches Numerous essential oils are suggested in this blog post to help alleviate headaches.
- Home Remedies for Headache Treatment Rub lavender oil into temples to relieve tension pain.
When it comes to tension headaches, scalp massages can be particularly helpful. Applying pressure to your head and then releasing it will cause blood to rush to that point, which can ease a tension headache. To learn more about manual ways to help get rid of a headache read these six blog entries.
- Treating Your Own Headaches Try using pressure points near the pain in your head to help increase the blood flow to the problem area and relieve the pain.
- Home Remedies for Headaches The most common headache is a tension headache, which can be resolved by relaxing and reducing overall stress.
- Thirteen Surprising Ways to Fight Headache Pain Massages and acupuncture can work wonders for relieving headache pain.
- Natural Home Remedies for Headaches Using acupressure or acupuncture may help relieve headaches.
- Natural Remedies to Prevent and Treat Headaches Getting a massage will get your blood circulating and will relieve stress in your muscles that could be causing your headaches.
- Cure Your Headache– Naturally The endorphins produced from exercising can help relieve headache pain.