Though the use of chia seeds dates back to the Mayans, they’ve only recently joined the rank and title of superfood in the latest health craze. The tiny seeds are related to the mint plant, and have a mild flavor that incorporates well into smoothies and baked goods. To lend credibility to their superfood status, the seeds contain more antioxidants than blueberries do and are a good source of raw energy. Take a look at these 15 blog articles to learn more about the health benefits of chia seeds, as well as get some tasty recipes so you can add them into your diet.
Chia seeds contain four types of antioxidants, allowing them to eliminate the free radicals in your body when they’re consumed. These antioxidants also allow you to store chia seeds for up to two years at room temperature without spoiling. The following five blog entries explain more about the benefits of antioxidants and chia seeds.
- Health Benefits of Chia Seeds These little wonders contain more antioxidants than blueberries, making them quite the superfood.
- Rediscovering the Treasured Chia Seeds The omega-3 fats found in chia seeds are considered high in antioxidants, which is just one of the many benefits the seeds offer.
- Health Benefits of Chia Seeds High in antioxidants and loaded with fiber, these little seeds are a powerful addition to any diet.
- The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds The chia seed has more antioxidants than flax seed and doesn’t have to be ground up to be absorbed by your body.
- Cutting Edge Supplements/ Super Seed! This blog post explains the four types of antioxidants found in chia seeds, which are beneficial to eat and allow the seeds to be stored for years without spoiling.
Nutritionists all around the world are adding the amazing chia seeds to the diets of star athletes to help them maintain endurance during a game or race. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to reap the benefits of chia seeds, though. By eating as little as one tablespoon of chia seeds per day you can experience the health benefits and energy boost that they will give you. For more information about how chia seeds help improve your energy, check out these five blog posts.
- The Amazing Health Benefits of Chia Seeds By eating chia seeds, athletes have found that they have more endurance during events.
- Health Benefits of Chia Seeds Athletes are choosing to load up on chia seeds instead of pasta before a big game, as seen in this post.
- 9 Health Benefits of Chia Seeds According to this blog post, one tablespoon of chia seeds can sustain a person for 24 hours.
- Superfood Chia Seeds Chia seeds are given to athletes to improve their endurance, according to this blog post.
- Nutrition 101—Chia Seeds Because of their ability to digest slowly and improve endurance in athletes, these seeds are being used in everything from energy drinks to bars.
Ways to Use
While the benefits of chia seeds are plentiful, you may not know how to add them into your diet. Since chia seeds don’t have a strong flavor, you can eat them raw or toss them into a baked good without even knowing they are there. It is noteworthy that when soaked in liquid, chia seeds form a gel, so don’t be surprised if you find your liquids thickening up once you add chia seeds to them. For recipes that use chia seeds, read through these five blogs.
- 5 Easy Ways to Use Chia Seeds For a tasty start to your day, add chia seeds to a smoothie.
- Chia Seeds: Health Benefits and Energy Bites These chia snack bites are perfect for athletes to eat for increased endurance.
- Skinny and Healthy Chia Seed Muffins On this post you’ll find a tasty recipe for healthy muffins with chia seeds.
- Healthy Recipe: Banana Coconut Chia Seed Pudding This recipe is perfect for a pre-prepared breakfast idea.
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed Banana Bread By hiding the chia seeds in the banana bread, your family will get the nutrition they need without worrying about eating something new.