Place cards can help dress up your holiday table and make your guests feel welcome at the same time. They also take the guess work out of seating, which can be a lifesaver if you’re hosting a large crowd or having a lot of people over who don’t know each other. There are a plethora of ways you can make different place cards, and you can tailor them to seasons and holidays for a festive flair. For instance, a fall table setting can be enhanced by providing mini pumpkins for each of your guests with their names on them. Get started making place cards for the holidays this year by browsing these fifteen blogs that are packed with inspiration and ideas.
Whether you’re using alphabet stamps to create the names or printing out place cards and adding a festive stamped image, these cards are easily assembled. You can even neatly write out the names yourself in print or cursive handwriting. And the cards can be individualized for any occasion simply by changing the stamped image. These five blogs will show you examples to get you started.
- Making Stamps with the Silhouette Learn how to make these stamped place cards and other paper crafts by reading this blog post.
- DIY Cork Place Cards Using elegant paper and alphabet stamps, you can stamp the names of your guests onto the cards and tuck them into this simple cork card holder.
- DIY Christmas Place Cards Stamp a candy cane or other holiday object and cut it out to attach it to your place card like they did in this blog post.
- Hand-Stamped Place Cards Try these simple place cards by stamping a single image in the lower right hand corner of a piece of cardstock and handwriting your guest’s name on the card. Fold it in half and you are ready to go.
- Stamped Egg Place Cards for Spring and Easter Who says that you can only stamp on paper? Try stamping an egg for unique place cards.
Get creative and combine your place cards with a decorative element for the table. Making shiny gold animal place card holders will contribute to the overall design of the table setting, as would apples for a fall table or ornaments for a holiday table. These bloggers have created tutorials to help you reproduce all kinds of place card holders.
- Fall Place Card Chalkboard Frames Use small, inexpensive frames and some chalkboard paint to create these reusable place cards for your table.
- Animal Place-Card Holder Tutorial No matter what the event, these gold animal place card holders are the perfect way to honor your guests.
- How-To: Make Spooky Skeleton and Witch Gourd Place Cards Make these adorable place card holders using small painted gourds and some pipe cleaners.
- Stop Pinning, Start Making: A Daily Something’s DIY Place Cards Take small bottles and create individual terrariums that you can send home with your guests as a party favor.
- 5 Ideas for Place Cards You won’t just find one idea for custom place cards on this post, you’ll find five!
Making place cards is a simple craft that your kids can do to contribute to setting the holiday table. This activity will keep them busy for a while during the days leading up to the holiday or even on the morning of. Find instructions for kid-friendly place card holders on these five blog posts.
- Pop Up Flag Place Cards DIY Simple clay balls hold up these flags that can be used for any occasion.
- Simple DIY Turkey Place Cards the Kids Can Help Make Put the kids to work making these whimsical turkey place cards on Thanksgiving morning.
- Simple Place Card Settings Let the kids make these place cards by simply adding name tags to pears or apples and placing them on the plates.
- DIY Turkey Feather Place Cards The kids can help you make these place cards by coloring in the feathers and cutting them out.
- Let Kids Contribute to Holiday Dinner Follow along with the directions on this blog to let the kids make table decorations and place cards.